Gerardo’s Weekly Journal #4

About a whole month has went by since college started. Till this day I still can’t process that I’m in college already and that my journey has begun. Never in my life did I imagine that I would have a semester long online-college experience. I’ve learned so much already and can’t wait to learn even more. College has taught me to think over the box and go explore the many opportunities that are offer. Also, while in college I’ve been able to be more organized since that was something I lacked before going into college. I’ve always been that individual that has been disorganized and college has fixed that problem. Being in college, you’re the one responsible when work is done and given, and its up to you to stay in task and complete such assignments.

Even the classes that I’m taking have been very useful in my learning experience, especially this psychopathology writing class. I really enjoy this class and I don’t regret taking it at all. I would definitely recommend for others to take, since it allows you to learn about mental related issues in famous literature readings that were written by impactful writers. This class, isn’t just a normal writing class since we are introduced to a variety of ideas, themes, and much more that allow us to express our thoughts and ideas when we write.

As for this week, we were ask to summit our first drafts of our personal narrative and I really like the idea of writing one. It allowed me to incorporate a personal experience that in some way connected to one of the pieces of literature that we had read since the beginning of the semester. This was my first time writing a personal narrative and was something completely new to me. With the guidance and help from the professor and other students, they have guided me into this direction that has allowed for improvement of my personal narrative. I really liked the idea of writing a personal narrative because it helped me explore a new form of writing.

As for this week, I really enjoyed it and as for the upcoming days I hope to read more interesting stories in this psychopathology writing class.