Gerardo’s Weekly Journal #9

This past week, was so calm and peaceful that it had been a while since I was able to rest and go out to get some fresh air. This week I sorted out some things with my advisor and talked about the upcoming spring 2021 semester. Although we are most likely to go online, I look forward to what is to come and the many things I will learn at CCNY. Since we’re mostly doing this semester online it has been quite hard to seek for opportunities and have experiences that will help you with your career. Also since this week was so peaceful and was bored, I went out to look for a job since it had been a while since I had worked. Previously to COVID-19 I had a job, but once it hit the city hard, all workers at my job were laid off. So looking for a job was ideal to do and I’m just waiting for them to get back to me confirming that I got the job. Hopefully, I get the job since I’m that type of individual who doesn’t like being home all day. Being home for the fall 2020 semester is something that took me a while to get used to because I always liked the idea of waking up early to go to school along with your fellow peers. At first I didn’t like the idea of being home for school, but overtime I have gotten used to it.

As for this week in class, we read “Now We Are Five” by David Sedaris and “Strawberry Spring” by Stephen King. Both stories were really interesting to read and each author has their own style of writing that makes the stories to be unique from each other. Each story had there own elements which brought upon different themes. Personally, out of the two reading I enjoyed more “Strawberry Spring” by Stephen King Since it was some sort of horror type of story. I like horror and mystery and this book actually brought upon those two type of elements in the story. Although it’s not your typical horror story that involves chase scenes, gruesome deaths and a final revelation of the killer; “Strawberry String” is written in such a way that invokes you to read more and makes you want to wonder, who the killer is and the motives behind the killings involves in the story.

Overall, this week was good and was the first time, spending Halloween at home, but everything went well as for the week. I expect to do well and continue having a positive mindset in order to end the semester strong.