Gerardo’s Weekly Journal #10

This past week was a bit chill and calming for me. In my past journal I had talked about applying to a job, and I have an update. I got the job and my new boss is so nice and so flexible with the hours I am going to work. My first day was on Friday 11/6 and it was quite a different experience. It had been a while since I had worked and being put into this new environment was intriguing. Thankfully, my first day at work went well and many of my co-workers are chill as well. Hopefully this would serve as an opportunity to meet new people and get to know others. Especially since this pandemic has affected the way we interact with others. Additionally, this week I went with my sister and some of my cousins to vote in the presidential election. Although I couldn’t vote yet, it was so fascinating to see many people in lines in order to perform their right as an American. This week I also did my spring 2021 schedule and fixed some problems in regards with my class credit with my advisor.

This week in class, we were asked to talk about the books we chose and tell our opinions on it based on how far we had read the story. In other terms, the story I chose is “We Have Always Lived In the Castle” and is a book I would recommend others reading. Also this week we were asked to read “Dream House” by Maria Machado and such story introduced us into a new form of writing. “Dream House as Choose Your Own Adventure”, we were able to choose our own path and in some way the paths I chose led me to where I would initially would have started in. Overall, the reading of this week was fun and enjoyable to read as we were introduced to a different style of writing that helped showed the audience the visual of an abusive relationship.

Furthermore, this week I plan to finish the book that I was reading and prepare myself with the upcoming assignment for this class.