Gerardo’s Journal Entry #13

This week I went to upstate New York to visit some family members and celebrate Thanksgiving together. We did a lot of eating that day and a lot of catching up. It was a fun and joyful thanksgiving and it was a time to recall back memories and take away some bad experiences that had been felt in this pandemic. On thanksgiving, my dad cooked the turkey and my mom helped my aunt to cook many of the side dishes that were prepared that day. After thanksgiving, we went to a local Christmas shop and bought many decorations that could be put up in our Christmas tree. On the weekend, we decided to come back to the city early morning and buy more Christmas gifts. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays and most of the time we tend to go over the top, decorating. Also, this weekend we decided to put up our Christmas tree and begin decorating our apartment. Our apartment is spacious and has enough room to put up a lot of Christmas decorations. We still have a long way to go and can’t wait till the Christmas season officially kicks off.

As for this weeK, it was a short one and we were introduced to our final essay. We were asked to choose a question in which we would like to explore and work with in this final essay. I really enjoyed the fact that we get to decide what question we want to use and what is expected from us really won’t be a problem since I tend to do things in a timely fashion, without the rush.

I’m really happy with myself that I was able to work well through the semester, even with such difficult times that we are living in.